The free legal services provided by the Law Foundation stabilize lives and create a more just community by:
- Ensuring safety for victims of domestic violence
- Finding safe, stable homes for abused and neglected children
- Improving quality of life for people with mental health disabilities
- Battling human trafficking
- Bringing life-sustaining benefits to individuals with chronic illnesses
- Fighting predatory lending and discrimination to keep families in their homes
Law Foundation attorneys, social workers and staff provide services through five key programs:
- Fair Housing Law Project (FHLP)
- Health Legal Services (HLS)
- Legal Advocates for Children & Youth (LACY)
- Mental Health Advocacy Project (MHAP)
- Public Interest Law Firm (PILF)
We help residents of Silicon Valley with civil legal problems. We do not provide help with criminal matters. For assistance with a criminal matter, contact your local Public Defender’s office.
Please note that the Law Foundation has limited staff and resources to serve clients. Unfortunately, we cannot represent every client who has a meritorious legal case. The delivery of services in a priority case will be dependent upon case acceptance guidelines, the availability of services from other sources, financial resources and available staff, which may vary from time to time.
Please contact us to find out if we can help you. If we are unable to help you, we may be able to suggest other useful resources.
Our office is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. For assistance or more information, call (408) 293-4790, or contact us.
Si necesita ayuda con sus asuntos legales civiles, por favor póngase en contacto con nosotros por teléfono, (408) 293-4790, oa través de nuestro formulario de correo electrónico. Nuestro personal bilingüe le ayudará a comunicarse con el programa adecuado.
Tenga en cuenta que no tomamos todos los casos, nuestro personal le hará preguntas para ver si se trata de una cuestión con cual le podemos ayudar o lo referiran a otra organización que si le podra ayudar con su asunto.